#2 [url]

May 9 13 5:29 AM

I hope your summer doesn't turn out too rainy, Mick!

Though there are some things that like rain....

Beets, peas, savory,
lettuce, broccoli, sprouts, drink
early morning rain

The garden is much larger than planned, thanks to my brother's error in calculating how many cubic feet of soil was needed (he forgot to divide for the cubic part); to that list add wax beans, peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, herbs, summer squash, heirloom melon. Which still leaves one raised bed to fill --- possible butternut or acorn squash, and whatever else we see Saturday at the farm market plant day : )

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 13 13 3:28 AM

Matthew, my youngest son, has just proposed to his girlfriend, Jessica, while on holiday in Rome. He sent Barbara and I a message yesterday which read..."She said yes"

Three children now grown
First two are married and now
Baby is engaged!

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 21 13 4:27 AM

Two from today's morning walk:

Green caterpillar
falls from tree to curb and O!
a robin gets him

Bright rings seem to rise
from below pond's surface, ask -
bubbles from below?

The second one: I always thought those rings (without rain or things dropping into water) were from fish catching bugs. I've never seen what would be a whole school of fish catch bugs at the same time, if that's what it was today! Dozens of rings appearing at once. Some with bubbles in the center. Marsh gas? The pond isn't that deep.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

May 22 13 1:37 AM

Interesting question - does anyone else from our vast board membership know????? image

Back to the weather...

Summer please arrive
Spring is making it's mind up
At least it's stayed dry!

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 24 13 2:49 AM

They are bubbles, and getting larger. There used to be three 'fountains' in the pond, to keep the mosquitoes down, I think, and prevent the water from becoming stagnant. Last year there were two; this year there are none. The pond's alive!

You've had a lot of wet weather, too? Yesterday it poured; sun; poured; sun; poured..... Today, tstorms and dropping temps. Tomorrow, cool and showers - but it's moving day and it was supposed to be nice : (

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Jun 5 13 1:31 PM

Good ones, guys!

Rain soaked to the bone
I should have put my mac on
Oh, well. Rain feels good.

¯`°º·¤.¸¯`°º·¤.¸¯`°º·¤.¸ (¯`v´¯) ¸.¤·º°´¯¸.¤·º°´¯¸.¤·º°

.¤·º°´¯¸.¤·º°´¯¸.¤·º° Follow Your Heart ¯`°º·¤.¸¯`°º·¤.¸

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jun 6 13 9:42 AM

And right back at you
Fellow Haiku thinking gal
So good to be here

¯`°º·¤.¸¯`°º·¤.¸¯`°º·¤.¸ (¯`v´¯) ¸.¤·º°´¯¸.¤·º°´¯¸.¤·º°

.¤·º°´¯¸.¤·º°´¯¸.¤·º° Follow Your Heart ¯`°º·¤.¸¯`°º·¤.¸

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

May 10 16 6:44 AM

It's been a long time since this thread was active. A couple from today's weather and work

Morning sun in east
Throws red light on dark grey clouds
Makes rainbow in west

First time I've seen a rainbow from the morning sun. Ours are usually late in the day after a storm's gone through and the western sun makes the rainbow.

Last raised bed is dug
Turned soil has lots of worms
Robins love buffet

This is the second and third year for the raised beds, and the earthworms have invaded them (a very good thing). There are a LOT of worms. Saw a robin listening in the freshly turned dirt this morning. So even while the bird seed is being phased out for the summer, the robins are feasting : )

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Feb 13 17 5:53 AM

Driving home from State College on Saturday, the weather was very cold and had frozen the water seeping out from between the layers of rock in the road cuts of the turnpike. Spent a lovely few minutes adding to the rock face haikus.

Frozen tears melting
Darkening faces of stone
Walling me in

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help